Difference: MonthlyMeetings2018 (1 vs. 41)

Revision 412019-01-30 - squinney

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 109 to 109
 CANCELLED

-- squinney - 2017-12-12

Added:
>
>
META TOPICMOVED by="squinney" date="1548865344" from="LCFG.MonthlyMeetings" to="LCFG.MonthlyMeetings2018"

Revision 402018-11-01 - Mark_2eCairney_40ed_2eac_2euk

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 12 to 12
 
  • ksu/kswitch with in-memory credentials caches
  • gluster versus sgeadmin UID/GID problem
  • Withdrawing Scientific Linux 7.3 support
Changed:
<
<
  • New IS slave servers
>
>
 
  • AnnualReview2018
  • Alternatives to NoMachine / NX Server (?)
  • Withdrawl of Mac OS support - how to retain history of components and their headers

Revision 392018-10-31 - kenny

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 15 to 15
 
Added:
>
>
  • Withdrawl of Mac OS support - how to retain history of components and their headers
 

4th October 2018

Revision 382018-10-31 - D_2eMarsh_40ed_2eac_2euk

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 14 to 14
 
  • Withdrawing Scientific Linux 7.3 support
  • New IS slave servers
  • AnnualReview2018
Added:
>
>
 

4th October 2018

Revision 372018-10-31 - squinney

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 13 to 13
 
  • gluster versus sgeadmin UID/GID problem
  • Withdrawing Scientific Linux 7.3 support
  • New IS slave servers
Added:
>
>
 

4th October 2018

Revision 362018-10-31 - kenny

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 11 to 11
 
  • LCFG core speed-up work
  • ksu/kswitch with in-memory credentials caches
  • gluster versus sgeadmin UID/GID problem
Added:
>
>
  • Withdrawing Scientific Linux 7.3 support
  • New IS slave servers
 

4th October 2018

Revision 352018-10-30 - squinney

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 6 to 6
  We aim to review any Recent bugs
Added:
>
>

1st November 2018

  • LCFG core speed-up work
  • ksu/kswitch with in-memory credentials caches
  • gluster versus sgeadmin UID/GID problem
 

4th October 2018

Revision 342018-10-04 - kenny

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 16 to 16
 
  • Annual Review meeting - Thursday 6th December
  • Auth component defaults, e.g. systemdnetwork and systembusproxy users in auth.extrapasswd in MDP layer
  • xrdp - keyboard mapping issues ?
Added:
>
>
  • systemd logging to console
 

6th September 2018

Revision 332018-10-03 - ascobie

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 15 to 15
 
  • cron component - ACL improvements
  • Annual Review meeting - Thursday 6th December
  • Auth component defaults, e.g. systemdnetwork and systembusproxy users in auth.extrapasswd in MDP layer
Added:
>
>
  • xrdp - keyboard mapping issues ?
 

6th September 2018

Revision 322018-10-02 - kenny

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 14 to 14
 
  • New lcfg/hw/hp_elitedesk800g4_mini.h
  • cron component - ACL improvements
  • Annual Review meeting - Thursday 6th December
Added:
>
>
  • Auth component defaults, e.g. systemdnetwork and systembusproxy users in auth.extrapasswd in MDP layer
 

6th September 2018

Revision 312018-10-02 - squinney

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 11 to 11
 
Added:
>
>
  • New lcfg/hw/hp_elitedesk800g4_mini.h
  • cron component - ACL improvements
  • Annual Review meeting - Thursday 6th December
 

6th September 2018

Revision 302018-10-02 - kenny

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 10 to 10
 
Added:
>
>
  • XML profile URL rewriting
 

6th September 2018

Revision 292018-09-27 - m_2erichardson_40ed_2eac_2euk

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 9 to 9
 

4th October 2018

Added:
>
>
  • ELK stack
 

6th September 2018

Revision 282018-09-21 - squinney

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 6 to 6
  We aim to review any Recent bugs
Added:
>
>

4th October 2018

 

6th September 2018

  • k5login component now in lcfg headers

Revision 272018-09-06 - kenny

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 17 to 17
 
  • Disabling repos in lcfg-yummy
  • 7.4 support
  • sleep with latest kernel
Added:
>
>
  • NaturalDocs problem
 

2nd August 2018

Revision 262018-09-06 - Bruce_2eDuncan_40ed_2eac_2euk

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 15 to 15
 
  • Branching LCFG Build Tools
  • IS Change Freeze
  • Disabling repos in lcfg-yummy
Added:
>
>
  • 7.4 support
  • sleep with latest kernel
 

2nd August 2018

Revision 252018-09-06 - kenny

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 12 to 12
 
  • Python 3 packages
  • lcfg/hw/hp_elitedesk800g3_mini.h includes support for NVME root disk
  • HP G4 - next SelectPC
Added:
>
>
  • Branching LCFG Build Tools
  • IS Change Freeze
  • Disabling repos in lcfg-yummy
 

2nd August 2018

Revision 242018-09-06 - squinney

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 11 to 11
 
  • k5login component now in lcfg headers
  • Python 3 packages
  • lcfg/hw/hp_elitedesk800g3_mini.h includes support for NVME root disk
Added:
>
>
  • HP G4 - next SelectPC
 

2nd August 2018

Revision 232018-09-05 - squinney

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 6 to 6
  We aim to review any Recent bugs
Added:
>
>

6th September 2018

  • k5login component now in lcfg headers
  • Python 3 packages
  • lcfg/hw/hp_elitedesk800g3_mini.h includes support for NVME root disk
 

2nd August 2018

  • End of support for SL6

Revision 222018-07-31 - squinney

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 6 to 6
  We aim to review any Recent bugs
Added:
>
>

2nd August 2018

  • End of support for SL6
 

5th July 2018

  • SL7.5

Revision 212018-07-03 - squinney

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 6 to 6
  We aim to review any Recent bugs
Added:
>
>

5th July 2018

  • SL7.5
  • UEFI support
  • GSSAPI auth for lcfg client
 

7th June 2018

apacheconf
Various improvements, particularly new groups feature

Revision 202018-06-07 - Bruce_2eDuncan_40ed_2eac_2euk

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 12 to 12
 
UEFI
Dealing with machines which do not support legacy BIOS mode
NVM
Whether computers with NVM SSDs (such as some HP SelectPCs) can be supported in future?
mysql bug 906
mysqld not always ready when setting root password
Added:
>
>
http pxe
PXEBoot changes allow much faster initial network boot.
 

3rd May 2018

Revision 192018-06-06 - D_2eMarsh_40ed_2eac_2euk

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 10 to 10
 
apacheconf
Various improvements, particularly new groups feature
UEFI
Dealing with machines which do not support legacy BIOS mode
Added:
>
>
NVM
Whether computers with NVM SSDs (such as some HP SelectPCs) can be supported in future?
mysql bug 906
mysqld not always ready when setting root password
 

3rd May 2018

Revision 182018-05-28 - squinney

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 9 to 9
 

7th June 2018

apacheconf
Various improvements, particularly new groups feature
Added:
>
>
UEFI
Dealing with machines which do not support legacy BIOS mode
 

3rd May 2018

Revision 172018-05-22 - squinney

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 6 to 6
  We aim to review any Recent bugs
Added:
>
>

7th June 2018

apacheconf
Various improvements, particularly new groups feature
 

3rd May 2018

LCFG profile security
New project looking into various aspects of enhancing the security of the LCFG profile data.

Revision 162018-05-02 - squinney

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 11 to 11
 
LCFG profile security
New project looking into various aspects of enhancing the security of the LCFG profile data.
Privacy
Restricting user access to data from last/w, dmesg, procfs
SL7.5
Should be released soon.
Added:
>
>
SL7.4
Currently testing large set of backported security updates - to join in use lcfg/options/test_updates.h
 
SL7.3
No more security updates
x509 component
With the change of emphasis to use systemd rather than components to control daemon lifecycles, it would be good to have the x509 component be able to restart/reload daemons via systemctl.

Revision 152018-05-01 - squinney

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 11 to 11
 
LCFG profile security
New project looking into various aspects of enhancing the security of the LCFG profile data.
Privacy
Restricting user access to data from last/w, dmesg, procfs
SL7.5
Should be released soon.
Added:
>
>
SL7.3
No more security updates
 
x509 component
With the change of emphasis to use systemd rather than components to control daemon lifecycles, it would be good to have the x509 component be able to restart/reload daemons via systemctl.
Added:
>
>
 

5th April 2018

LCFG profile security
New project looking into various aspects of enhancing the security of the LCFG profile data.

Revision 142018-05-01 - kenny

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 11 to 11
 
LCFG profile security
New project looking into various aspects of enhancing the security of the LCFG profile data.
Privacy
Restricting user access to data from last/w, dmesg, procfs
SL7.5
Should be released soon.
Added:
>
>
x509 component
With the change of emphasis to use systemd rather than components to control daemon lifecycles, it would be good to have the x509 component be able to restart/reload daemons via systemctl.
 

5th April 2018

Revision 132018-05-01 - squinney

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 6 to 6
  We aim to review any Recent bugs
Added:
>
>

3rd May 2018

LCFG profile security
New project looking into various aspects of enhancing the security of the LCFG profile data.
Privacy
Restricting user access to data from last/w, dmesg, procfs
SL7.5
Should be released soon.
 

5th April 2018

LCFG profile security
New project looking into various aspects of enhancing the security of the LCFG profile data.

Revision 122018-04-05 - kenny

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 8 to 8
 

5th April 2018

Changed:
<
<
LCFG profile security
New project looking into various aspects of enhancing the security of the LCFG profile data.
>
>
LCFG profile security
New project looking into various aspects of enhancing the security of the LCFG profile data.
 
journald retention
Does anyone have any objection to the setting, at the LCFG level, of journald's MaxRetentionSec to 1 month by default (with a flag to permit disabling)?
commit hook
Could informatics borrow Kenny's svn pre-commit hook which does simple checks including cpp?
mock and networking
We discovered that with the switch to using nspawn for package builds there is no network access. This can break tests for some packages so the component now has support for enabling the rpmbuild_networking option. bug#1054
LCFG::Template
It is now possible to set an include path which is searched when a relative path is given for a template.
Changed:
<
<
$ IS Change Freeze and the ISFREEZE release.
>
>
IS Change Freeze
...and the ISFREEZE release.
IS Recording Open Source contributions
May ask schools and other units for submissions.
 

1st March 2018

Revision 112018-04-05 - kenny

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 13 to 13
 
commit hook
Could informatics borrow Kenny's svn pre-commit hook which does simple checks including cpp?
mock and networking
We discovered that with the switch to using nspawn for package builds there is no network access. This can break tests for some packages so the component now has support for enabling the rpmbuild_networking option. bug#1054
LCFG::Template
It is now possible to set an include path which is searched when a relative path is given for a template.
Added:
>
>
$ IS Change Freeze and the ISFREEZE release.
 

1st March 2018

Revision 102018-03-29 - squinney

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 6 to 6
  We aim to review any Recent bugs
Changed:
<
<

1st March 2018

>
>

5th April 2018

 
Added:
>
>
LCFG profile security
New project looking into various aspects of enhancing the security of the LCFG profile data.
 
journald retention
Does anyone have any objection to the setting, at the LCFG level, of journald's MaxRetentionSec to 1 month by default (with a flag to permit disabling)?
commit hook
Could informatics borrow Kenny's svn pre-commit hook which does simple checks including cpp?
Added:
>
>
mock and networking
We discovered that with the switch to using nspawn for package builds there is no network access. This can break tests for some packages so the component now has support for enabling the rpmbuild_networking option. bug#1054
LCFG::Template
It is now possible to set an include path which is searched when a relative path is given for a template.

1st March 2018

CANCELLED

 

1st February 2018

Revision 92018-02-15 - Bruce_2eDuncan_40ed_2eac_2euk

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 9 to 9
 

1st March 2018

journald retention
Does anyone have any objection to the setting, at the LCFG level, of journald's MaxRetentionSec to 1 month by default (with a flag to permit disabling)?
Added:
>
>
commit hook
Could informatics borrow Kenny's svn pre-commit hook which does simple checks including cpp?
 

1st February 2018

Revision 82018-02-15 - ascobie

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 8 to 8
 

1st March 2018

Changed:
<
<
journald retention
Does anyone have any objection to me setting, at the LCFG level, journald's MaxRetentionSec to 1 month by default (with a flag to permit disabling)?
>
>
journald retention
Does anyone have any objection to the setting, at the LCFG level, of journald's MaxRetentionSec to 1 month by default (with a flag to permit disabling)?
 

1st February 2018

Revision 72018-02-15 - squinney

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 6 to 6
  We aim to review any Recent bugs
Added:
>
>

1st March 2018

journald retention
Does anyone have any objection to me setting, at the LCFG level, journald's MaxRetentionSec to 1 month by default (with a flag to permit disabling)?
 

1st February 2018

bugs
We would like to see more bug reports! We all know about various bugs (whether trivial or important) or have features we would like to see. It would be very helpful if we could get these recorded. We can't promise they will get fixed but just having them in https://bugs.lcfg.org/ would be a great start. I propose that to make them more useful and improve response times at each monthly meeting we review all newly submitted bugs from the previous month.
Annual review 2017
the bits that we didn't cover
chatroom
We are going to switch to slack for the lcfg chatroom. Hopefully this will result in more people being involved and more useful discussions.
Changed:
<
<
fstab and nvme
The fstab component cannot handle the partition naming scheme for nvme devices - bug#1025
LCFG server problems
Geosciences and Physics have recently had problems with the LCFG server which required a restart with empty caches
>
>
fstab and nvme
The fstab component cannot handle the partition naming scheme for nvme devices - bug#1025 - patch applied
LCFG server problems
Geosciences and Physics have recently had problems with the LCFG server which required a restart with empty caches - systemd config altered to start server later
 
v4 client
Current status of new client
python
3.6
pyngi
A python component framework

Revision 62018-02-01 - Bruce_2eDuncan_40ed_2eac_2euk

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 14 to 14
 
fstab and nvme
The fstab component cannot handle the partition naming scheme for nvme devices - bug#1025
LCFG server problems
Geosciences and Physics have recently had problems with the LCFG server which required a restart with empty caches
v4 client
Current status of new client
Added:
>
>
python
3.6
 
pyngi
A python component framework

Component changes

Revision 52018-01-29 - squinney

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 11 to 11
 
bugs
We would like to see more bug reports! We all know about various bugs (whether trivial or important) or have features we would like to see. It would be very helpful if we could get these recorded. We can't promise they will get fixed but just having them in https://bugs.lcfg.org/ would be a great start. I propose that to make them more useful and improve response times at each monthly meeting we review all newly submitted bugs from the previous month.
Annual review 2017
the bits that we didn't cover
chatroom
We are going to switch to slack for the lcfg chatroom. Hopefully this will result in more people being involved and more useful discussions.
Changed:
<
<
fstab and nvme
The fstab component cannot handle the partition naming scheme for nvme devices
>
>
fstab and nvme
The fstab component cannot handle the partition naming scheme for nvme devices - bug#1025
 
LCFG server problems
Geosciences and Physics have recently had problems with the LCFG server which required a restart with empty caches
v4 client
Current status of new client
pyngi
A python component framework

Revision 42018-01-29 - Shane_2eVoss_40ed_2eac_2euk

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 14 to 14
 
fstab and nvme
The fstab component cannot handle the partition naming scheme for nvme devices
LCFG server problems
Geosciences and Physics have recently had problems with the LCFG server which required a restart with empty caches
v4 client
Current status of new client
Added:
>
>
pyngi
A python component framework
 

Component changes

Revision 32018-01-17 - squinney

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 11 to 11
 
bugs
We would like to see more bug reports! We all know about various bugs (whether trivial or important) or have features we would like to see. It would be very helpful if we could get these recorded. We can't promise they will get fixed but just having them in https://bugs.lcfg.org/ would be a great start. I propose that to make them more useful and improve response times at each monthly meeting we review all newly submitted bugs from the previous month.
Annual review 2017
the bits that we didn't cover
chatroom
We are going to switch to slack for the lcfg chatroom. Hopefully this will result in more people being involved and more useful discussions.
Added:
>
>
fstab and nvme
The fstab component cannot handle the partition naming scheme for nvme devices
LCFG server problems
Geosciences and Physics have recently had problems with the LCFG server which required a restart with empty caches
v4 client
Current status of new client

Component changes

Recent source changes

lightdm
various stuff...
grub2
Now starts after kernel component. Also calls Configure from Stop. grub config should always be correct for the next boot. bug#1026
kernel
Now only triggers a rebuild of the initramfs when dracut or systemd package changes. Ignores kernel package changes which are already handled by the post-install script for the package. Generally improved the way the initramfs is rebuilt so that errors are always caught. bug#1034
x509 / sixkts
Can now generate SSL certificates which contain Subject Alternative Name information.
 

4th January 2018

Revision 22018-01-04 - squinney

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

Line: 6 to 6
  We aim to review any Recent bugs
Changed:
<
<

4th January 2018

>
>

1st February 2018

 
bugs
We would like to see more bug reports! We all know about various bugs (whether trivial or important) or have features we would like to see. It would be very helpful if we could get these recorded. We can't promise they will get fixed but just having them in https://bugs.lcfg.org/ would be a great start. I propose that to make them more useful and improve response times at each monthly meeting we review all newly submitted bugs from the previous month.
Annual review 2017
the bits that we didn't cover
chatroom
We are going to switch to slack for the lcfg chatroom. Hopefully this will result in more people being involved and more useful discussions.
Added:
>
>

4th January 2018

CANCELLED

 -- squinney - 2017-12-12

Revision 12017-12-12 - squinney

Line: 1 to 1
Added:
>
>
META TOPICPARENT name="WebHome"

LCFG Deployers' Monthly Meetings 2018

The meetings are typically held on the first Thursday of each month, starting at 2.15pm in the Informatics Forum room 1.15 THIS IS NOT THE SAME ROOM AS 2017. Notes after the meetings are added in italic to the agenda items. See MonthlyMeetings2017 and MonthlyMeetings2016 for notes from earlier meetings.

We aim to review any Recent bugs

4th January 2018

bugs
We would like to see more bug reports! We all know about various bugs (whether trivial or important) or have features we would like to see. It would be very helpful if we could get these recorded. We can't promise they will get fixed but just having them in https://bugs.lcfg.org/ would be a great start. I propose that to make them more useful and improve response times at each monthly meeting we review all newly submitted bugs from the previous month.
Annual review 2017
the bits that we didn't cover
chatroom
We are going to switch to slack for the lcfg chatroom. Hopefully this will result in more people being involved and more useful discussions.

-- squinney - 2017-12-12

 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2021 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback